Application forms for 2017-18 academic year
Application forms for 2018-19 academic year
If you are interested in applying for a postgraduate programme, click here.
How do I apply?
- Choose a course – If you haven’t made your mind up yet, see which courses we can offer you
- Check your entry requirements – Make sure you meet the entry requirements and if you’re a non-native English speaker, the English Language requirements
- Check if you need a visa – To determine if you require a visa, check online
- Download and fill out the Application Form
- Make sure that you have filled in the names of your referees. If English is not your first language, then we would ask that you provide proof of your English level – IELTS, Cambridge or TOEFL
- Please make sure you enclose a readable copy of your passport showing photo and personal details, including the passport number.
- Since we are unable to interview all applicants, please complete the Personal Statement and return it along with the application.
- There are 3 Accommodation Options (Halls of Residence, Family Housing and off campus). Please tick the option that you wish and complete the relevant section of the form. Please note that all single students under the age of 22 are normally required to live in our Halls of residence.
- Transcripts – If you are wishing to take degree programmes, you will need to provide us with your high school/secondary school qualifications. Please note: you will need to provide either the originals or certified copies.
- If you are in the UK education system, please send O-level/GCSE, BTEC and AS/or A-level certificates, either in original form or as certified copies. For Graduate Diploma and MA THeology you must send us a copy of your Higher Education Degree Certificate and Transcript.
- If you are from the US, please have all official transcripts sent to Newbold from your high school (showing date of graduation) and any other institutions previously attended. These must be sent directly to Newbold from the institution issuing them.
- If you come from an African country, please send us your original certificates or certified copies of these. If you do not have originals, please contact your examinations board in order to have them send us direct confirmation of your O-level and A-level grades or equivalent, in accordance with the board’s policies. We cannot accept photocopies of any certificates or result slips.
- If you are from European countries, please send a certified copy of your secondary school certificate. If the language of the record is not English, a certified literal translation should be included if requested. Uncertified photocopies are not acceptable and cannot be used to process your application
- Send off your reference forms (two references are needed) – The application form includes a section for references. Give the two reference forms to a teacher, employer, principal, dean or pastor and ask them to complete the form and return it to us. Also on the application form, please provide the details of the referee so we can add them to your application when they arrive.
- Complete the accommodation options and medical form – Please fill out the ‘accommodation options’ section of the enrolment form, choosing the relevant section. Please note that Family Housing will not be assigned until the student is both academically and financially accepted. Please also complete the Medical Information section.
- Complete the financial forms – When you are filling in your application form, make sure that you do the following:
- Fill out any information about financial grants/loans for which you are applying for or are eligible.
- Enclose the relevant letter from sponsoring organisations showing the terms of your sponsorship.
- If your parents or another donor/sponsor will be responsible for your fees, please ensure that you enclose their bank statements, sponsorship letter etc. to support your application.
- If you have any kind of sponsorship/grants, mention what they are, attach confirmation to the Payment Plan and write down the amount in £sterling.
- If you are the one responsible for your fees, please enclose your bank statements.
- Read and sign the declaration at the bottom of the form.
- Further financial information
- For those applying for Family Housing, an additional deposit of £1000 is required.
- The Accident Insurance is compulsory for all students under the age of 50.
- Car Registration applies if you wish to park a car on campus. All cars must be registered and have a Parking Permit.
- The Newbold Student Association fee is an annual fee and is optional. You must opt out of joining.
- One Semester’s tuition and flat deposit (if applicable) must be paid in full before a student will be financially cleared. Halls of Residence and other fees should be paid on enrolment.
- If necessary, arrange a payment plan with our Student Finance Officer. This does not apply for first year students
- Wait for confirmation of your acceptance – Once the required academic documents have been received, your application should take between 1-2 weeks to process. If you have any further queries, please contact the relevant area.
- Turn up!