Article 14 - Executive Committee
The Executive Committee shall consist of up to thirty-one (31) persons who are members of the Seventhday Adventist Church within this Union Conference. They shall comprise the Executive Officers of this Union Conference, the presidents of local conferences and missions, up to three (3) departmental directors of this Union Conference, the managers or heads of Union institutions, the Newbold College principal, the chief editor of the official church paper of this Union Conference, and at least fourteen (14) elective members. At least nine (9) of whom shall be lay persons, and four (4) field pastors as may be voted at the Union Session, subject to Article 18 (b).
Subject to Article 19 below the Executive Committee may delegate any of its functions to sub-committees consisting of three (3) or more persons appointed by them, but at least one (1) member of every subcommittee must be an Executive Committee member and all proceedings of sub-committees must be reported promptly to the Executive Committee.
- Subject to Article 19 below the Executive Committee may appoint committees consisting of three (3) or more persons to advise it on any matter and may authorise them to co-opt non-voting members: all recommendations of such committees must be reported promptly to the Executive Committee for its consideration and decision.
Download a full version of the BUC Constitution in pdf version.
- Article 1 - Name
- Article 2 - Territory
- Article 3 - Purpose
- Article 4 - Membership of Union Conference
- Article 5 - Sessions
- Article 6 - Delegates to Session
- Article 7 - Voting
- Article 8 - Authority of Session
- Article 9 - Session Committees
- Article 10 - Election
- Article 11 - Officers
- Article 12 - Departmental Directors
- Article 13 - Appointments
- Article 14 - Executive Committee
- Article 15 - Authority of Executive Committee
- Article 16 - Meetings and Notices
- Article 17 - Sources of Funds
- Article 18 - Application of Funds
- Article 19 - Budget, Salary Review & Audit
- Article 20 - Trustees
- Article 21 - Amendments
- Article 22 - Dissolution