Article 16 - Meetings and Notices
Meetings of the Executive Committee may be called at any time by the president or in his absence by the secretary, or upon the written request of the majority of the members thereof.
Subject to paragraph (d) below, any seven members of the Executive Committee including the chairman shall, after due notice to available members, constitute a quorum and shall be empowered to transact any necessary business.
Minority meetings of less than seven members of the Executive Committee may be held for the transaction of necessary urgent business, but actions at such meetings shall not be final until the minutes of such meetings have been approved in regular session of the Executive Committee.
Subject to Article 19 below all members of the Executive Committee who have any personal or financial interest in any matter to be discussed or determined at a meeting thereof (whether direct or indirect) must declare their interest in advance of any discussion thereon and absent themselves from the discussion, and may not vote nor be counted in the quorum for that part of the meeting.
In this constitution the expression ‘meeting’ includes, except where inconsistent with any legal obligation:
- a physical meeting;
- a video conference, an internet video facility or similar electronic method allowing simultaneous
visual and audio participation; and
- telephone conferencing.
Download a full version of the BUC Constitution in pdf version.
- Article 1 - Name
- Article 2 - Territory
- Article 3 - Purpose
- Article 4 - Membership of Union Conference
- Article 5 - Sessions
- Article 6 - Delegates to Session
- Article 7 - Voting
- Article 8 - Authority of Session
- Article 9 - Session Committees
- Article 10 - Election
- Article 11 - Officers
- Article 12 - Departmental Directors
- Article 13 - Appointments
- Article 14 - Executive Committee
- Article 15 - Authority of Executive Committee
- Article 16 - Meetings and Notices
- Article 17 - Sources of Funds
- Article 18 - Application of Funds
- Article 19 - Budget, Salary Review & Audit
- Article 20 - Trustees
- Article 21 - Amendments
- Article 22 - Dissolution