Article 21 - Amendments
The Constitution of this Union Conference may be amended at any duly called Constituency Meeting by two-thirds vote of the delegates present and voting. All proposed amendments shall be considered by the Standing Committee on constitution before being approved by the Session and not less than 28 days notice thereof shall be given.
If it is proposed to amend the Constitution at any extraordinary Constituency Meeting, notice of such proposed amendments shall be given specifically in conjunction with the notice calling such special session.
No amendment shall be made which would alter the Purpose as set forth in Article 3 (a) above and no amendment shall be valid if its effect would be that this Union Conference ceased to be a charity according to English law.
The Executive Committee shall promptly provide the Charity Commissioners with a copy of any amendment made under this clause.
The members of the Executive Committee must obtain the prior written approval of the Commissioners to any amendment which would confer any benefit on any of the members of the Executive Committee.
Download a full version of the BUC Constitution in pdf version.
- Article 1 - Name
- Article 2 - Territory
- Article 3 - Purpose
- Article 4 - Membership of Union Conference
- Article 5 - Sessions
- Article 6 - Delegates to Session
- Article 7 - Voting
- Article 8 - Authority of Session
- Article 9 - Session Committees
- Article 10 - Election
- Article 11 - Officers
- Article 12 - Departmental Directors
- Article 13 - Appointments
- Article 14 - Executive Committee
- Article 15 - Authority of Executive Committee
- Article 16 - Meetings and Notices
- Article 17 - Sources of Funds
- Article 18 - Application of Funds
- Article 19 - Budget, Salary Review & Audit
- Article 20 - Trustees
- Article 21 - Amendments
- Article 22 - Dissolution