Article 4 - Membership of Union Conference
The membership of this Union Conference shall consist of such local conferences and missions as have been or shall be organised in any part of the geographic territory under its jurisdiction and formally approved for membership by vote of the delegates at any regular session.
Local Conferences shall be associations of local churches within defined geographical regions within the territory and shall be responsible for their own decisions save for the requirement to operate in harmony with the Purpose and policy of this Union Conference.
Missions shall be organisations of local churches within defined geographical regions within the territory and shall be subject to the directions of this Union Conference on all matters including their management arrangements, the application of their funds, and the form and content of their constitutions and of any amendments thereto, and this Union Conference shall account for the application of their funds.
This Union Conference in session shall be entitled to dissolve any Mission and to take control of the assets thereof.
Download a full version of the BUC Constitution in pdf version.
- Article 1 - Name
- Article 2 - Territory
- Article 3 - Purpose
- Article 4 - Membership of Union Conference
- Article 5 - Sessions
- Article 6 - Delegates to Session
- Article 7 - Voting
- Article 8 - Authority of Session
- Article 9 - Session Committees
- Article 10 - Election
- Article 11 - Officers
- Article 12 - Departmental Directors
- Article 13 - Appointments
- Article 14 - Executive Committee
- Article 15 - Authority of Executive Committee
- Article 16 - Meetings and Notices
- Article 17 - Sources of Funds
- Article 18 - Application of Funds
- Article 19 - Budget, Salary Review & Audit
- Article 20 - Trustees
- Article 21 - Amendments
- Article 22 - Dissolution