The British Union Conference invites applications for the position of Secondary Headteacher, for September 2019.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Headteacher to be instrumental in leading Stanborough Secondary School through its next steps towards excellence. Stanborough school is an independent co-educational school operating under the motto ‘God is the Master of our School’, which has shaped many generations of families educated at the school since 1919.
It is a diverse school with an international component and approximately 40 different nationalities represented among the student body. The school promotes values such as respect, courage, resilience and excellence. Parents recognise the school’s commitment to holistic teaching and are supportive of the school. The pupils are keen to succeed, and staff continue to work to ensure the best possible outcomes. Many of the school leavers have gone on to follow a variety of distinguished careers and serve in the Adventist Church in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world.
The school is situated in 40 acres of parkland, offering a peaceful and inspiring learning environment.
The British Union Conference seeks a suitably qualified educator who will:
• Provide ambitious and inspirational leadership.
• Provide vision and strategic direction for the school.
• Drive school improvement to ensure that pupils consistently achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Promote safeguarding and the well-being of pupils in a nurturing environment.
• Manage the school’s financial and human resources effectively.
• Manage and develop the curriculum to meet the needs of the pupils.
• Work with the governing body to develop school policies, formulate strategic plans and manage the school’s improvement strategy.
• Oversea the promotion of the school in the UK and abroad.
• Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist philosophy and practice of education.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
Further details and an application pack are available from:
British Union Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
Watford, Herts WD25 9JZ
Tel.: 01923 672251
Email: khanson @ adventist.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd March 2019