The South England Conference is looking to appoint an accountant
Duties will include the following:
· Inputting Gift Aid contributions
· Processing Tithe & Offering Reports and declarations from our churches
· Processing unpaid cheques and standing order payments
· Updating members information
· Processing claims to the Inland Revenue both current and backdating
· Loading of Gift Aid data into Sun Plus
· Posting Gift Aid received from HMRC
· Producing quarterly reports for the churches, showing their Gift Aid transactions in the Trust Fund
· Responsible for coordinating with third party scanning of income data to archive DVDs.
· Being able to liaise with HMRC on all gift aid matters (eg claims and audit)
· Being able to process monthly gift aid claims in a timely manner
· Being able to prepare gift aid reports and schedules for SEC year end audit in a timely manner
· Being able to make presentation to local churches on gift aid
· Provide gift aid training when necessary to church treasurers
· Constantly seeking to improve SEC gift aid process
· Produce periodic gift aid report for the Treasurer
· Work closely with the tithe & offering Department to ensure all donation is processed.
· Any other ad-hoc duties as deemed necessary
The post holder is required to have qualified working experience, an accounting degree and be working towards a professional qualification. A keen eye for detail will be required, equally important will be the proven ability to demonstrate a good standard of computer literacy and use of the Sun Plus system.
· The ability to work within a team environment and being able to teamwork with other support staff
· Being personable and dedicated to the mission of the South England Conference
· To adhere to the ethos of the South England Conference
Reporting to the Treasurer, the monthly salary which includes London Weighting Allowance will range between £1,981.61 and £2,524.52 per month.
To request an application form, job description and person specification, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are required to have the right to live and work in the UK and necessary checks will be carried out. The South England Conference is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for application – 14th June 2019