BUC IT and Web Developer
The British Union Conference of the Seventh-day Adventist churh are looking for a Web Developer and IT person.
- Supervise, maintain and develop the BUC websites.
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Familiar with Squiz Matrix and TYPO3
- Understanding of UX principles
- Experience with Photoshop
- Familiar with Development and Debugging Tools for Cross-Browser Issues
- Familiar with Social Media and Third Party APIs
- Supervise, maintain and develop BUC databases.
- Familiar with security regarding Web servers, web applications and windows infrastructure.
- Administer and maintain the webserver.
- Use business intelligence (BI) to appraise the websites and improve.
- Administer and maintain the BUC network, server and email service.
- Windows server administration.
- Understand Data Protection measures with respect to the requirements of the law with attention to GDPR.
- Administer and ensure management of backup procedures for the server and train staff to back-up their own computers.
- Administer the BUC telephone system.
- Advise treasury on the purchase of computer hardware and software.
- Assist staff with IT problems.
- Provide or arrange training in IT/software issues for staff as appropriate.
- Liaise with outside IT providers on contracts and provision of services.
- Advise the administration on IT issues.
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies.
- Carry out or supervise regular maintenance on office computers.
- Repair laptops and desktops
- Maintain a database of software licences and computer hardware.
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Interested applicants please send your CVs to the Secretaty of The British Union Conference.
Closing Date: 30 September 2017