Ordained Minister of Religion in Northern Ireland.
The Irish Mission of Seventh-day Adventists, under the Executive umbrella of the British Union Conference, covers Northern Ireland.
We are looking to appoint a senior, ordained Minister of Religion who will be required to take pastoral responsibility of our Londonderry and Coleraine Churches in Northern Ireland.
The main duties and responsibilities for the role will include:
• Leading worship services regularly and on special occasions
• Providing religious education for children and adults by preaching and teaching
• Officiating at marriages, funerals and other special services
• Offering counselling and welfare support to members of the congregation and the wider community
• Recruiting, training and co-ordinating the work of any local volunteers and lay preachers
• Leading and training the congregation in evangelistic outreach
The successful applicant is required to be a practicing Seventh-day Adventist and be an ordained Seventh-day Adventist Minister of Religion with the minimum of a master’s degree in theology.
Other essential criteria are:
• An ordained pastor with sufficient depth of experience to supervise a ministerial intern
• Church planting experience and the ability to embrace diversity in all its forms
• Ability to give Bible study lessons to non-Christian communities
This post is a full-time one and the salary will be £31,953.60 per annum. In addition there is monthly travel budget, a monthly professional allowance and an annual equipment allowance.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to Pastor Jacques Venter at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Irish Mission is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will, ideally, have the right to work in the UK and all necessary checks will be carried out.
The closing date for applications will be 28 July 2019.